Heaps, Arnold & Heaps manufacture a range of lead and lead alloy products for use the nuclear sector. With lead being the choice material for radiation protection, its uses include:
- Lead Bricks; either plain edge or interlocking lead bricks, manufactured to your project specification, used in the construction of lead lined treatment rooms, lead hutches or any type of project where lead shielding is required. Lead bricks are manufactured to the specifications in BS 3909, in pure lead or antimonial lead alloys
- Isotope Storage Flasks; cast and machined lead flasks manufactured to any size and finished to suit
- Lead Filling; of transfer flasks/caskets
- Lead Sleeves/Tubes
- Lead Sheet; to BS EN 12588, used for room lining and protective clothing
- Custom Lead Extrusions, Castings & Machining; our onsite tool, mould making and machining facility, gives us scope to manufacture lead products to your project specification
The material properties of lead and lead alloys, density, hardness, ease of casting, corrosion resistance and strength, makes lead an ideal shielding material.
Heaps, Arnold & Heaps undertake a number of project with the nuclear industry, including lead filling of transfer flasks and caskets, the machining of lead pots and isotope storage flask. Together with our fabrication and engineering division, we can offer a complete build and lead fill service.